One of the biggest challenges of being gluten-free is finding gluten-free alternatives for everyday pantry staples, like granola. But even before I was gluten-free I never loved store bought granola because of how much sugar was hidden in it. My mom and I used to make granola for our family to have for breakfast or just for an easy snack. I decided to take our old recipe and make it gluten-free! This recipe takes only 5 minutes to prepare, and is so delicious and healthy!
- 4 cups of gluten-free, rolled oats
- 2 cups of raw nuts, pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup of Organifi Gold powder
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut chips
The Organifi Gold powder substitutes the vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt that you would add in. Plus, it has turmeric, reishi mushrooms, and magnesium in it, which are all great for your body! Did you know that turmeric is one of the the best ingredients to combat inflammation? As someone with fibromyalgia, which is a chronic illness that causes the nervous system to be in constant fight vs. flight mode, inflammation is something I like with on a daily basis. I love incorporating feel good ingredients into my recipes that aid the body! Reishi mushrooms are known to boost the immune system, contain anti-cancerous properties, are known to fight off fatigue and depression, and so much more. Before trying the Organifi Gold Powder, I had actually never heard of these mushrooms. While they’re not common when it comes to cooking mushrooms, reishi mushrooms are often found in powders, like this one. Finally, magnesium is an important mineral that helps with muscle and nerve function. I take a magnesium pill daily to support my immune system to combat muscle fatigue.
Overall, I can’t say enough good things about this Gold Powder! And while the health benefits are amazing, it also is the key ingredients to my granola recipe. Not only does it give the granola a beautiful golden color, but it also packs each bite with rich flavors that are the perfect balance between sweet and salty. Use my code ARINEGRI for 15% off of your Organifi order today!
This granola is probably one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever done but also the tastiest! It’s also so easy to customize. You can just take this recipe and substitute pecans for your favorite nut and also add in chocolate chips or dried fruit. Another tip: If it’s been almost 2 weeks and you still have granola left, throw it in a freezer bag and it’ll keep up to 3 months!
If you don’t have the Organifi powder, but want to try it out to make your granola delicious and even healthier, head over to their website and use my discount code: ARINEGRI! Not only is the gold powder great for this granola, but with a little bit of your milk of choice it transforms into a delicious golden milk latte.
If you like this recipe, be sure to leave a comment below and let me know what you think. Stay tuned for a lot of new recipes coming up soon!
Easy, Gluten-Free GranolaCourse: Granola
- For the Cake
4 cups of gluten-free, rolled oats
2 cups of raw nuts
1/3 cup of Organifi Gold powder
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
2/3 cup coconut chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Get out a large baking sheet and line with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, raw nuts, coconut chips and Organifi powder
- Pour the melted coconut oil and maple syrup into the bowl
- Mix together until everything is evenly coated
- Spread out evenly on the baking sheet and put in the oven for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes get a spatula and mix the granola
- Put it bake in the oven for another 10 minutes
- The granola should be lightly brown with a yellowish tint from the turmeric in Organifi powder, let it rest for 20-30 minutes
- Store the granola in an air tight container for up to two weeks