This easy recipe takes less than 10 minutes (and one bowl) to prepare and tastes AMAZING!Jump to Recipe
It’s That Easy!
What if I said you could make a delicious and gluten-free loaf in 10 minutes or less? This Gluten-Free Pistachio Pudding Loaf might be one of my favorite recipes to make when I want something fast and easy. With a beautiful green, moist interior and homemade cream cheese frosting, this pistachio bread is one for the books. It may sound complicated but it couldn’t be more simple to make. All you need is one bowl, an oven, and 10 minutes! Are you ready to jump into this recipe?
Let’s Make This Loaf!
I’ll start by telling you a little secret. If you’re in a time crunch, buy gluten-free yellow cake mix! I make my own gluten-free yellow cake mix for this recipe, but if you just add half of the mix then you can’t save yourself time and ingredients. So, if you decide to go that route just make sure you skip straight to the pistachio pudding mix and nix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Now for the recipe! Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread loaf pan. To grease the loaf pan, I like to pour in a bit of melted coconut oil and dust gluten-free flour over it. This really helps to prevent the bread from sticking to the pan and allows for a clean release. If you decide to follow the recipe to it’s entirety instead of opting for the store-bought yellow cake mix, start by combining gluten-free baking flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix these ingredients together, then we’re going to add one package of instant pistachio pudding mix. This mix gives the loaf its signature green color and is the key ingredient here. Then, add four room temperature eggs to the bowl. Next, add in one cup of plain Greek yogurt. While you can use sour cream, there isn’t much of a taste or baking difference by switching the sour cream out for a healthier alternative. Then, we’re going to add one-fourth cup of melted coconut oil. The coconut oil replaces the typical vegetable or canola oil that is often used to make loafs. Finally, use an electric mixer to beat all of the ingredients together for two minutes until creamy. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Next, we’re going to cover the pistachio pudding loaf with aluminum foil to prevent the top from browning. Bake the loaf covered for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then run a clean knife along the edges and flip the pan over to release the loaf. Then, let the loaf cool for one hour on a cooling rack before frosting.
Frosting, Pistachios & More!
While the loaf is cooling, it’s time to make the cream cheese frosting! Start by allowing the cream cheese and unsalted butter to come to room temperature. Then, place them in a medium-sized bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Next, sift in the powdered sugar. Finally, add the vanilla extract and salt to the mixture. Use the electric mixer again to beat for 3-4 minutes until nice and creamy. After, I like to put my frosting in the refrigerator until the pistachio pudding loaf is completely cooled.
To garnish the loaf, add 1/4 cup of pistachio to a hot pan and toast over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Once they’re toasted, allow them to cool before placing the pistachios in a ziplock bag. Then use a large knife or potato masher to crush the pistachios. You want the pistachios to be broken into small pieces but not completely crushed into a powder.
Once the loaf has completely cooled, start by adding a thin layer of the cream cheese frosting. Then, add your toasted pistachios to the top of the loaf. Finally, I like to finish it by adding dried rose petals. The petals are completely edible and add a nice pop of color to the pistachio pudding loaf.
Gluten-Free Pistachio Pudding LoafCourse: Recipes, DessertDifficulty: Easy
With silky cream cheese frosting and a moist interior, it doesn’t get much better than this!
- For the Cake
1 cup and 2 tablespoons of gluten-free baking flour
1 cup and 2 tablespoons of cane sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package of instant pistachio pudding mix
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
4 eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
- For Garnishing
1/4 cup crushed pistachios, toasted
Dried rose petals, optional
- For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease one loaf pan
- Next, add the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl
- Then, add the pistachio pudding mix, Greek yogurt, eggs, and melted coconut oil
- Use an electric mixer to combine the ingredients and beat the batter for two minutes until smooth
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan
- Bake for 20 minutes uncovered, then place aluminum foil over the loaf
- Then, bake for another 50-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow the loaf cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then run a clean knife along the edges and release the loaf from the pan
- Allow the pistachio pudding loaf to cool for one hour before frosting
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a medium sized bowl
- Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes until creamy
- Then, sift in the powdered sugar
- Next, add the vanilla extract and salt
- Beat until creamy, about 3-4 minutes
- Place in the refrigerator until the loaf has completely cooled
- You can also opt to use an immersion blender instead of a food processor or blender