Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo, relaxing outside on a warm summer’s day or just craving a really good margarita, you can’t go wrong with these Frozen Grapefruit & Lime Margaritas.Jump to Recipe
As a tequila drinker, margaritas are typically my go-to cocktail. There’s just something about a frozen margarita that makes any day better. It doesn’t get much better than these Frozen Grapefruit & Lime Margaritas! I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not a huge grapefruit person. I’ve always found them bitter and never really understood the appeal. However, I’ve recently discovered that grapefruit + tequila is a delicious combination! Combined with silver tequila and a little bit of lime juice, and the grapefruit loses its bitter edge. Plus, how can you resist that beautiful pink color?
So, enough talk. It’s time to drink!
HOW TO MAKE A FROZEN MARGARITA
- Place 3/4 cup tequila, 1 cup lime juice, 1/3 cup triple sec, 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, 2 tablespoons agave syrup, and 6 cups ice in a large blender.
- Blend until slushy and pour into 4 glasses.
- Serve immediately or place in the freezer until ready to drink
It doesn’t get much easier than that! If you’re like me and LOVE tajin, then you have to have a tajin rubbed rim! I highly recommend running a sliced lime along the edge of a glass, then add tajin to a bowl and place the glass rim side down to coat the rim in tajin. Ta-da! Now you’re ready to drink.
Frozen Grapefruit & Lime MargaritasDifficulty: Easy
3/4 cup tequila
1 cup lime juice
1/3 cup triple sec
1/4 cup grapefruit juice
2 tablespoons agave syrup
6 cups ice
- Add all of the ingredients to a large blender
- Blend until slushy, add more ice if needed
- Taste test, then pour into four glasses
- Serve immediately or freeze until ready
- Add tajin to the rim of your glass for a little bit of spice!