Say hello to your new favorite cocktail for summer 2021!Jump to Recipe
I have a confession to make, before this year I had never tried a Paloma. As a tequila drinker, I usually always try any tequila-based cocktail on the menu and I've seen Palomas at countless restaurants. However, I never wanted to try them because I knew that I wasn't a fan of grapefruit. But, I decided to give grapefruits another try this spring and decided to test out some cocktail recipes. Let me tell you though, I've NEVER been so wrong!
These Palomas might just be one of my new favorite cocktails! If you're like me and had it in your head that grapefruit is a bitter fruit that is the reject cousins of oranges, just give this recipe a try. Trust me, you'll be shocked by how much you love it! The combination of the agave nectar and lime juice really cuts the bitterness of the grapefruit. Together, all of the ingredients compliment one another beautifully!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PALOMAS
The best Paloma in just four steps! Check out the instructions below for how to make a single serving of the BEST Palomas out there.
- Add 2 ounces of tequila and 2 ounces of grapefruit juice to a cocktail shaker, then shake for 30 seconds
- Next, add ½ ounce of lime juice and ¼ ounce of agave nectar or simple syrup
- Shake again, then pour the cocktail over ice in a salt-rimmed tall glass
- Top with 2 ounces of seltzer and enjoy!
Palomas Time to Shine
Did you know that the paloma is commonly prepared by mixing tequila, lime juice, and a grapefruit-flavored soda together? Fresca, Squirt, or Jarritos all offer grapefruit-soda to make this bubbly cocktail. Instead of those flavored sodas (that often time have a LOT of sugar), I opted to use freshly squeezed grapefruit juice and seltzer. I like to use Truly Lemonade because the acidity compliments the drinks well. Plus, you can't go wrong with a hard seltzer in a Paloma!
The BEST PalomasCourse: Drinks u0026amp; CocktailsDifficulty: Easy
8 oz. tequila
8 oz. grapefruit juice
8 oz. lemonade seltzer
6 oz. lime juice
3 oz. agave nectar
Salt and Ice for garnish
- Combine the tequila and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker and shake for 30 seconds
- Then, add the lime juice and agave nectar
- Shake again to combine the ingredients
- Pour over ice in salt-rimmed tall glass
- Top with 2 ounces of seltzer per glass and enjoy!
- Add a lime wedge and slice of grapefruit skin to the glass to make your home feel like the newest cocktail bar!